Thursday, December 15, 2011

HELP!!!!!How much money can i take out of my bank acount? whats the diff between available & present balance?

I came into a lot of money and it went straight into my bank account .. $5,000 .. i have a chase debit card, how much can i take out from the chase ATM ??





%26amp; online it says my available balance is $3.09 and my present balance is $5,000 .. my total is $5,000 what does this mean ?|||Every bank has a "holding" period for things like checks. They perform the transaction and your balance goes up, but the funds do not become available until the paper "clears" which varies depending on what the transaction IS. For example, if I deposit a foreign check NOT in US dollars into my account, my bank requires 15 business days before the money is available. On a personal check, 7 business days. The only way to get the money available any faster is to deposit CASH, and even then, it could be until the close of business tomorrow before THAT is available! AND, consider this: The "online" part is simply a database on a server somewhere. How often is the database updated by the bank? Nothing "online" happens in REAL time. It takes time for the paper trail to catch up, and until the paper catches up, you get to WAIT for the funds to finally be released for you to draw against. My bank, for example, recently got a check for deposit into my savings account from the sale of a travel trailer. All they made available to me immediately was $100 of the $8,500.00, even though the check was certified. It still took several business days for the funds to be available to me.|||the thing that you have to look at is your available balance. that's your balance that you are allowed to take out, whether it is because you have taken out the rest before hand, or you have achieved your maximum allowed internet withdrawal.|||It means the check hasn't been processed yet. It should be done the next business day though. Depending on ATM, you can take out only a certain amount. So instead you can go to the bank and make a withdrawal of how much you want, even if it's 5000.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the wonderful blog.At Reorder-Check website, we can show you the best way to
    Reorder or start a new order personal bank checks online. You can order for personal checks
    or for business checks.
    reorder-chicks

    ReplyDelete