Monday, December 12, 2011

What does is mean when my bank receipt says "available balance:restricted"?

i deposited 600$ into my checking account today. usually when i get my receipt back it says my current balance and my available balance, and lets me know how much i have...etc. but this time when i deposited the check it said "restricted" under available balance. i KNOW i have atleast 5 bucks in there. so whys it say restricted?|||Usually this means that of the $600 you deposited, they will only let you immediately access a small amount of it (typically $100) and they restrict access to the remaining $500 of your deposit until they are sure the check you deposited will clear.





If you go online or call their 800# it should tell you how much you can withdraw today.|||It could mean you didn't show ID when you made the deposit so you are not allowed to see the balance in the account.

No comments:

Post a Comment