Thursday, December 8, 2011

Why is my available balance higher than my actual credit line?

I have a capital one credit card with a $500 credit line. I was maxed out and I made a payment online with check for $500. I called them up and they released the funds instantly so I had my credit line available again. When I logged in just now it says my available credit is $701 (i've spent about $300 already). Whats up with this?|||You just got a credit increase.


Since you paid off the entire amount, it triggered something in the system to give you an automatic limit increase.


Kudos


If you charge another $500 and pay off the entire thing in a single check again, you will see another increase in about six months.





|||Perhaps they increased your limit. But don't charge it up till you know for sure. Call and ask them.

No comments:

Post a Comment