Thursday, December 8, 2011

Why is my bank balance lower than my available balance?

hey, so my checking account "balance" is like $6.00 but my "available balance" is about $60.00... I've always thought your "available balance" shows the money you have to spend, but I'm afraid if I spend over $6.00 it will show up as "insufficient funds" and I'll get a fee. Can anyone tell me what's going on?|||There are certain banks like savings banks that don't put through a deposit immediately, it may take 2 days to clear, and so your balance is lower and you can't access the funds that are waiting to clear.



I would ask your bank to be sure.|||You have a pending transaction.


You bought something and it has not completely cleared yet.





Start keeping a check register !


Or keep at least 2 weeks pay in your checking....|||~~You have something you have spent that has not cleared the bank. Always go by your balance, the bank can only show you online things that have processed.





Reconcile your statement monthly, if you made an error on your end, it will show up there. In the meantime you avoid NSF charges.~~

No comments:

Post a Comment