Thursday, December 8, 2011

My available balance is different from my real balance?

I just got a student savings account with bank of America and my available balance is $150 less than my real balance... does anyone know what might have happened.


And one of my deposites was a $250 check|||Yes, they put a hold on some of your deposits until the checks clear. In truth your available balance is zero until your bank gets the money from the other bank.





But BoA is giving you the benefit of the doubt and assuming you are good for the $100 so they let you access that $100 during the time they are waiting for the full amounts when the checks you deposited are fully cleared.





In a couple days the available balance will match what you deposit if you have not drawn on it.





If you make a deposit thru the ATM it will pop up a notice explaining that this is their policy saying that they will allow you to draw up to $100 against the deposit before the checks clear.





It is normal as you will see in a few days. |||Yes Thor gave you the right answer.

No comments:

Post a Comment