Sunday, December 4, 2011

What's the difference between my available balance and my total balance?

I called the number on the back of my VISA check card to see how much money I had to spend. It told me two numbers. The available balance was smaller than the total balance. Which one is money that I really have to spend?|||The available balance is what you can actually use. Don't spend more than that or you will get some hefty fines.|||Available balance is the money you can spend now. If they're suggesting a total balance then that means you have deposits / credits that haven't cleared your account as of yet. When in doubt always go with the smaller amount. That way you know you'll never be overdrawn.|||Your available balance is the money you have that you can spend.





Some banks require you to keep a minimum amount in the account at all times. Your available balance is the total balance minus this minimum amount.|||the available balance is what is actually in your account that you can spend. the total balance is not updated to include payments that may not have cleared yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment