Sunday, December 4, 2011

What is the Difference between Available Balance and Current Balance in a Checking Account!?

I just got my 1st checking account, I called my bank number to get my checking account balance, and my available balance was like -100 and my current balance was a positive 330. What does this mean? Did I overdraw? I;m really nervous, please someone tell me!|||It means that as of YESTERDAY you had $330 in your account, but there are pending transactions for TODAY that show your balance will be $-100





Unless you have a savings account that the bank can tap into for the $100 your checking account is short, you are going to bounce a check and get hit with service charges.





It snowballs quickly, so get some money in first thing in the morning.|||The 330 is what you HAD...but you spent some that hasn't posted. You actually only have the 100! You need to keep up with your register and trust your math...the bank makes it confusing. Good luck!|||overdraw? what a nice word. it's more accurately called fraud.


rule #1: do not write checks (or equivalently, use a debit card)


unless your account has sufficient funds. if you don't have the


money in your account, don't write the check

No comments:

Post a Comment