Sunday, December 4, 2011

Whats the difference between Bank Balance vs. Available Balance?

I have a major bill to pay and want to make sure if I do this online that I won't overdraw my account.





I was just paid today through direct deposit. My bank balance is lower than my available balance. Thee payment i have is higher than the bank balance, but lower than the available balance. Am I okay to pay this bill online?|||The bank balance is what you theoretically have in your bank account. The available balance is what you can actually spend. If you've deposited a check that hasn't cleared or have funds withheld on your account for some other reason, then you can't spend that money. Keep in mind, if it's a check or deposit that hasn't clear yet, it should clear by the end of the day.





If you need to make a payment that is more than the available balance, you'll probably overdraw.|||just wait a day ( or two) the amount that is available is the money already in your account ( they make you wait a few days to make sure the check you deposit is good) up to a hundred is available usually from the check you deposited too)

No comments:

Post a Comment