Thursday, December 8, 2011

Why is my available balance less than my current balance?

I checked onto the North Island Credit Union website to check my balance on my checking account. When I look, my available balance is like $100 less than my current balance. Everything I have paid for is accounted for, so it leaves me confused as to why it's telling me that I'm missing $100. I'm not sure what to do, or if it's just a glitch, but I'm becoming very concerned.|||If it doesn't show pending charges, it could be a check you deposited has a hold on it. Check back on Monday and see if additional charges show up or if the two balances are the same. It could just be a matter of waiting for the posting of transactions.|||If you've confirmed all the checks you've written and debit card transactions you've made have cleared, it is likely the $100 difference is the minimum amount of money you need to keep in the credit union (membership share) to maintain your account. If you withdraw all of the funds, you will lose your membership and close the account. Unlike other financial institutions who might charge you a fee if your funds drop below the established minimum balance, at a credit union, you are a member/owner, so you must have a share. Check the credit union's website to see if the $100 represents the ownership share.





Hope this helps. Good luck!|||For some things where final charges are unknown when they run your card, they may put a temporary hold on a certain amount of funds to make sure that the card is good for it. So you have to be careful about letting your available balance get too low if you use a card for hotel/motel, car rental, running a tab, fuel, etc.|||Are you 100% sure? I know sometimes I forget i purchase stuff and I put it on my CC, but 100 bucks is a little hard to forget.


Did you leave a deposit for anything?


I check into a hotel once and gave them my CC. The deposit didn't come off until 7 days later.





Only other thing you can do is go into the credit union and get a printout of your account transactions.|||Did u sign up for something that will be deducted or charged to your account? ie utility bill, tel bills, subscription fee...





Did u deposit a check that hasnt been cleared? so It will not be available till the check clear.





Otherwise, u can call to yr bank ask them for advise.|||It usually takes a couple hours/days for it to show up online, your available balance is how much you can spend/have currently, your current balance is in pending to take out your most recent credit purchases.|||It should be your finance charges or interest or yearly account fee.....

No comments:

Post a Comment