Thursday, December 8, 2011

Why is my available balance lower than my current balance?

I had 3,550 today and I deposited 865 which means its should be 4,415 total. But it says my available balance is 3,916. What happens to the rest of my money?|||Yes, it appears that the check from your grandmother hasn't cleared yet. I believe that it is required to only have 3 business days to clear the check nowadays. That means that if there's a holiday (and the weekend), those don't count in subtracting off from the "3 business days".


So, since this was a 3 day weekend, and if you deposited it after the hours that they deposit checks (my bank is usually at 5:00-6:00pm), then the countdown of days doesn't happen until the first business day afterward.


So, let's say you deposited the check (cash is always put in immediately unless it's over a certain denomination) at 6:15pm on this past Friday and your bank doesn't apply it toward your balance after 6pm. And if it was over this past weekend (July 4th ... Independence Day), that means that it doesn't have to be in the account until Friday - which is after the processing on the 3rd business day after you deposited it.





If your bank is somewhat decent and provides you the ability to go online, you should be able to see the history of the account, including any pending transactions. I know all of the financial institutions that I deal with have that capability.





Hope this helps!|||Checks need time to clear.


Your cash deposit was instantly applied to your account


It takes about 3 to 5 business days for checks to clear|||yes...the check is pending and will clear in 24 hours

No comments:

Post a Comment